Instructions for colonoscopy prep
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COLONOSCOPY PREP
CoLyte or Golytely -- **Prescription Required**
Ashraf M. Sufi, MD – Jerry Feagan, MD – Shekhar Challa, MD – Siew Min Wong, MD
If you would like to review this information with a member of our nursing staff please call the center at 354-1254.
Colonoscopy: The visual examination of the large intestine (colon) using a lighted flexible fiber optic endoscope.
Have your prescription filled at your local pharmacy. Note:
Individual responses to laxatives do vary. This prep may cause multiple bowel
movements. Often works within 30 mins; may take as long as 3 hours. If you are unable to keep the prep down, please call your physician. Consult your Primary Care Physician if you are taking or have the following medical concerns:
Stop it four (4) days before colonoscopy. After being off Coumadin 4 days prior to your colonoscopy, have
PT/INR-PTT (lab tests) taken 24 hours prior to the colonoscopy if requested by Physician.
No coumadin on the day of your colonoscopy. Ask physician when to resume your coumadin. Plavix:
Stop it three (3) days before colonoscopy. Dialysis Treatment
Aspirin and Iron Pills
: Stop for seven (7) days before colonoscopy Aggrenox:
Stop three (3) days to five (5) days prior to colonoscopy. Anti-Seizure Medication –
take at least 2 hours before the scheduled colonoscopy with a small sip of water Insulin
: No insulin on the day of your colonoscopy. Ask your physician when to resume your Insulin. Heart Valve Replacement
Pacemaker with Internal Defibrillator
All other medications: Take the day before, but not the day of your colonoscopy. Resume after colonoscopy.
DAY BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
1. After being off the Coumadin 4 days prior to colonoscopy, have PT/INR-PTT (lab test) taken 24 hrs prior to exam if
2. Prepare CoLyte or Golytely according to instructions if not already mixed in gallon of water. Refrigerate.
3. You may have a light breakfast. Clear liquids the rest of the day, including lunch and dinner. No milk or milk products.
4. 6:00 P.M. begin drinking one glass at a time until all of the mixture is gone. You should drink 8 oz every 10 minutes.
DAY OF COLONOSCOPY
1. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight
. You may brush your teeth, and rinse with water.
2. Arrive for colonoscopy at scheduled time.
3. Bring colostomy supplies if applicable
4. If currently menstruating please use a tampon if possible.
5. You will be medicated and you need to bring someone with you to drive you home.
Clear sodas – 7up, Sprite, Ginger Ale, etc.
On the day of your procedure report to The Endoscopy Center of Topeka
2200 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 103
Check-in Date: __________________ Check-in Time: _________________
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify the center within 48 hours prior to your scheduled Procedure.
Abordaje farmacológico en el espectro autista A. Morant a,b, F. Mulas a,b, S. Hernández b THE PHARMACOLOGICAL APPROACH TO THE AUTISTIC SPECTRUM Summary. Objective. To describe our experience of the drug treatment of children within the autistic spectrum. Develop- ment. We analyze some neuroleptic drugs, the serotonin uptake inhibitors and antiepileptic drugs, emphasizing the most sui
OK, so maybe five months away doesn't really count as "around the corner", but it's never too early to start thinking about JPDS-NC's biggest community-wide event! The 2012 Purim Ball will be held on March 11, 2012 , and the event chairs and Advancement Office are already busy making all sorts of lists and calls and arrangements. But in order to make this event a smashing success, w