C o l o n o s c o p y MiraLAX® PREP (Sp IF YOU HAVE CIRRHOSIS, HEART DISEASE OR KIDNEY DISEASE, DO NOT TAKE THIS PREP. DISREGARD THIS PREP AND CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR AN ALTERNATE PREP. ----READ CAREFULLY---- ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE: Do not take iron pills or medications that can cause bleeding. These include: aspirin, Coumadin, Percodan, Alka-Seltzer. You must stop anti-inflammatory-type drugs including Ecotrin, Bufferin, Ascriptin, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, Naproxen (Naprosyn), Sulindac, Clinoril Piroxicam, Feldene, Aleve, Indomethacin, Indocin, Diclofenac, Voltaren. Tylenol and other brands containing acetaminophen are safe to use prior to this procedure.
AT LEAST TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE: PURCHASE: 1) Four Dulcolax Laxative Tablets
2) One 238-gram bottle of MiraLAX (available over-the-counter) 3) One 64 oz bottle (or two 32-oz. bottles) of Gatorade (NO RED flavors)
DAY BEFORE THE PROCEDURE: 1. CLEAR LIQUIDS ONLY (see below). DO NOT EAT ANY SOLID FOODS. 2. At 3:00 PM the day before your procedure, take two (2) Dulcolax tablets. 3. Separate the Miralax powder (dry) into TWO equal doses (approximately 4 ounces per dose). 4. Between 4:00 and 5:00 PM, mix ONE DOSE of Miralax powder (approx. 4 ounces) into one 32-ounce bottle of Gatorade. Shake the solution until the Miralax has completely dissolved.
5. Drink one 8-oz glass of the solution every 10-15 minutes until the entire 32-ounces is gone (should be completed in about ONE hour). (Note: Step #4 & #5 will be repeated again in the morning).
6. At 9:00 PM, take the remaining two (2) Dulcolax tablets with an 8-oz glass of any approved clear liquid. 7. Continue to drink water and/or other clear liquids until bedtime for adequate hydration. DAY OF THE PROCEDURE: 1. Stop all liquids 6 hours before the procedure (with the exception of steps 4 and 5 below). 2. Stop gum and/or hard candy 6 hours before the procedure. 3. If you take heart or blood pressure medication in the morning, please take it with a sip of water. 4. At 6:00 AM or 3 hours prior to leaving for your appointment, mix the second dose of Miralax powder (approx. 4 ounces) into a 32-ounce bottle of Gatorade. Shake the solution until the Miralax has completely dissolved.
5. Drink one 8-oz glass of the solution every 10-15 minutes until the entire 32 ounces is gone (should be completed in about ONE hour).
6. Arrive at assigned time, with your escort, as you will not be able to drive until the next day.
Popsicles – NO RED flavors Gingerale Solid foods
(586) 286-5400 More information and FAQ at Tri-County Gastroenterology, PC
J. C. O’Laughlin, DO Bruce Kovan, DO Andrew Rosenfeld, DO
By entering this promotion, entrants agree to the following terms and conditions: 1. STANDARD TERMS 1.1 Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Any entry that does not comply with these 2. WHO CAN ENTER 2.1 Subject to clause 2.2, the Promotion is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand. 2.2 Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter an
Cardiología ABCDE en urgencias extrahospitalarias CRISIS HIPERTENSIVAS DEFINICIÓN Aumento brusco de la tensión arterial, usualmente con una TAD>120 mmHg y/o unaTAS>210. Por lo general afectan a pacientes previamente diagnosticados deHipertensión arterial (HTA), pero también se pueden presentar en pacientes normo-tensos. Se dividen en Emergencias y Urgencias. 1. Emergenci