Microsoft word - trilyte prep am 07 02 10.doc
Colonoscopy Preparation for a MORNING Procedure.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your procedure.
1 Week Prior to the Procedure
Aspirin for ____ days. Stop Ticlid, Plavix, Coumadin, Aggrenox for ____days.
• Stop Pepto-Bismol, iron supplements or fish oil supplements. Multivitamins are OK.
• Avoid nuts, seeds, popcorn and fiber supplements for 3 days.
• Do not eat any foods with Olestra, the fat substitute. This includes many fat-free chips.
• Inform your doctor if you have a pacemaker, internal defibrillator, or artificial heart valve. • If you are diabetic, please refer to the separate instructions for adjustments to your medication.
1 Day Prior to the Procedure
Take all of your normal medications except for Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), Aleve. Tylenol is OK.
You may have a light breakfast of white toast, yogurt and eggs. For the rest of the day you may have ONLY CLEAR LIQUIDS
• Black coffee or tea (sugar is okay)
• Sports drinks – Gatorade, Pedialyte
• Popsicles or Jell-O (not red or blue)
Please avoid jello or sports drinks that are red or blue in color. Avoid drinking alcohol.
Then at NOON time:
2 Bisacodyl (Dulcolax) tablets with water (included in your prescription kit). If you tend to be
constipated, take 2 more. Do not crush or chew tablets. Do not take within 1 hour of antacids.
solution by adding lukewarm water to top of line. Add one flavor packet. Cap bottle and shake to
dissolve the powder. The reconstituted solution will be clear and colorless. (You can consider adding the flavor packet; however we recommend you flavor each cup with a non–red Crystal Light™). Refrigerate the solution – it will taste better when it is cold. Use within 48 hours.
Then between 4 - 6 pm:
• Start drinking
1 glass of solution every 10 - 15 minutes. A straw may help you drink more, faster.
• Continue drinking until your stool is CLEAR YELLOW, like urine. This usually takes at least ½
• If you become full or nauseated, stop for 30 minutes then resume drinking. Remember to continue
drinking additional clear fluids to prevent dehydration from the diarrhea or dizziness from low blood sugar.
On the day of the Procedure
Continue drinking clear liquids until four (4) hours before your procedure. Please do not have anything, even water within that 4 hour period prior to the procedure. However, you may take your regular medications with a sip of water.
After the Procedure
Please arrange transportation – you CANNOT drive. It is very important that you have someone you trust to receive your discharge instructions. Alcohol and sedatives should be avoided for 24 hours after the procedure. If you have biopsies or polyps removed, avoid products containing aspirin and blood thinners for 7 days after the procedure to decrease the risk of bleeding. GI-09
The Millennium Cup Organising Committee C/o Tennis Interlink Limited Result of the 2004 Competition Saturday 18 September THE FINAL: TELFORD PARK LTC DEFEATED WIGMORE LTC At Telford Park Lawn Tennis Club Women’s Singles – Kelly Renwick d Marlene Russell 6-4 6-4; Men’s Singles – Philip Jarvis d Brian Kelly 7-5 6-2; Women’s Over 40 Singles – Hilary Lyle d Wendy
ASBURY PARK PRESS TUESDAY, NOV. 6, 2007 Rx for. dumping pills: Mix with kitty litter Experts rescind advice to flush meds THE ASSOCIATED PRESS WASHINGTON - It's time to pooper-scoop your leftover medicine. Mixing cough syrup, Vicodin or Lipitor with cat litter is the new advice on getting rid of unused medications. Preferably used cat litter. It's a compromise, better for the environment than flus