Key Points when planting Please note this is a guide
• Pick the correct place for your only as plants differ in re- quirements from species
• Dig an appropriate hole to species.
• Stake plant if required Please ask staff if addi-
• Water in well Planting tion help is required.
• Water often and deep until es- tablished
• Check plant occasionally for signs of drought and other prob- 28 Star and Arrow Road Coromandel East
• Prune lightly if necessary PH 8388 2777 FAX 8388 2711 [email protected] How to plant your Watering shrub, plant or grass Water your plant in well and ensure root ball
• After choosing an ideal position to Big plants and trees will require some stak- remains moist until established. plant your plant dig a hole 100mm ing until they are ‘locked up’ . Staking your Supplemental watering is very important deeper than the pot the plant is in and new plant may include double staking if for your plants first summer. Even though 100mm wider in diameter than pot. required until the plant is established. native plants are quite hardy and drought tolerant they must be established in the gar-
• Before the plant is planted you may den first. Plants and shrubs are most at risk when they are newly planted, because their place a handful of slow release native roots systems need time to grow and fertilizer in the hole. spread and adequate water is crucial to this growth. This is particularly true when they
• Place a small amount of loose soil are planted in an area such as the land around a newly built house. The soil in such back in the hole, so the soil level in the an area has probably been packed down by pot will be level with the surrounding heavy machinery during the construction process, and topsoil may have been re- moved and water tables and natural drain- age patterns disturbed .
• Take the plant out of the pot and place in the hole. Stake if required. Fill in the hole so that plant is at the soil level it was in the pot.
• You may make a well around the As shown above two types of staking a plant. Mulching is highly recom- mended to maintain moisture, but try
• Single stalking for thin small trees not to mulch right up to the trunk to Water deeply and slowly so roots can ab- avoid collar rot. sorb as much of the water as possible. The
• Double staking for larger plants with best time to water is early in the morning. If narrow caliper you water during the hot part of the day, as much as 50% of water evaporates. Spray is Ensure there is roughly one third of stake less effective than drip watering, because in the ground to keep the tree secure spray also tends to evaporate rather than sink into the soil. Water drops on leaves in sunlight can cause burning. Drought issues exist everywhere. Deep watering encour- ages plants and shrubs to sink their roots deeper, which will help them to survive fu- ture droughts.
$25,000 OPOLE, POL 21 Nov 2007 - 25 Nov 2007 Last Updated: 12 Nov 2007 Main Draw Date of Birth Ranking Spec'l Information Priority Main Draw Wild Cards Date of Birth 32 Qualifying Date of Birth Ranking Spec'l Information Priority Rank Date: 29 Oct 2007 All players who compete in ITF Pro Circuit tournaments must have a valid IPIN and sign-up to the
xundfood Letter Nr. 3 Ein guter Fang EINE KNUSPRIGE HAUBE mit würzigem Pesto bedeckt das zarte Seelachs-Filet. Das Wasser im Mund läuft zusammen. Noch vor wenigen Jahren war Bio-Fisch eine Rarität. Neu sind Delikatessen wie frische Pasta gefüllt mit Bio-Lachs, Bio-Shrimps, irische Wildlachs-Steaks oder Öko-Muscheln. Beliebte Klassiker wie Fischstäbchen oder Kabeljau- und Schellf