Srinivas Deekonda, Ph. D.
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Objective: To obtain a position in the area of Synthetic Organic /Medicinal Chemistry Highlights:
Over fifteen years of research experience in synthetic organic, peptide and medicinal chemistry
Strong background in medicinal chemistry, thorough knowledge of organic reaction mechanisms and contemporary synthetic methods
Experienced in designing and executing multi step synthesis of various bio-active molecules
Experience in derive and utilize structure activity relationships (SAR) to improve the efficacy of drug candidates
Experience in solution, solid-phase synthesis of peptide chemistry
Expertise in chromatographic purification, spectral characterization, process research and scale-up operations
Working knowledge of most of the chemical databases and basics in computers
Experience in writing scientific manuscripts, mentoring graduate and undergraduate students
Research Experience: Post Doctoral Research Associate: 08/2009 – Present Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA (Research Advisor: Prof. Victor J Hruby)
Design and synthesis of novel bifunctional ligands for treatment of chronic and neuropathic pain
Successfully designed and synthesized novel bivalent ligands in single structures mu/delta opioid agonists and bradykinin receptor antagonists
Senior Research Scientist: 02/2009 – 07/2009 Jubilant Biosys, Bangalore, India
Designed and synthesized novel small molecules for Bradykinin Receptor l antagonists
Mentoring group of masters and lead the BK 1 project
Senior Research Scientist: 04/2008 – 12/2008 Sai Adventium Pharma Ltd., Pune, India
Designed and synthesized novel small molecules
Mentoring group of masters and lead the project
Graduate Research Fellow: 02/2003 – 04/2008 National Chemical laboratory, Pune, India
Design, synthesis and structural investigations of novel foldamers (conformationally ordered synthetic oligomers) derived from alpha amino acid and aromatic amino acid conjugates
Design, synthesis, and structural studies of novel hybrid foldamers, derived from Aib-Pro-Adb building block that displays repeat β-bend ribbon spiral motif
Account of synthesis and secondary structural investigations of hybrid foldamers containing Adb-Aib and Spirobiindane building blocks
A semi synthetic peptide motif that concurrently displays both α- and β-turns, as evidenced from
extensive structural investigations by single crystal X-ray crystallography and solution-state NMR studies
The serendipitous discovery of an efficient synthetic route to BINOL-m-phenylenediamine-derived macrocycles
Senior Chemist-Research Associate: 05/1995 – 01/2003 Dr. Reddy’s Research Foundation, Hyderabad, India.
During this period, I actively involved in design and synthesis of novel small molecules for various therapeutic areas like antidiabatic, antiulcer and antibacterial
National Chemical Laboratory / Pune University, India, April 2008
Supervisor: Dr. Gangadhar J Sanjayan; Title: “De Novo Designed Foldamers based on Biotic and Abiotic Building Blocks” M.Sc: Organic Chemistry, Kakatiya University, Warangal, India,1994 Awards/Fellowships/Affiliations:
Postdoctoral Fellowship,(NIDA) (National Institute of Drug Abuse)
Awarded Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, 2004-2007
Member of American Chemical Society (ACS, Medicinal Chemistry Division)
1. A hybrid foldamer with unique architetechture from conformationally constrained aliphatic-aromatic amino acid conjugate Deekonda Srinivas, Gonnade, R; Ravindranathan, S.; Sanjayan, G. J. Tetrahedron. 2006, 62, 10141-1-146.
2. Constrained Aliphatic-Aromatic Aminoacid-Conjugated Hybrid Foldamers With Periodic β-turn motifs
Deekonda Srinivas, Gonnade, R; Ravindranathan, S.; Sanjayan, G. J. J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 7022-7025.
3. Pre-organization-Mediated Macrocyclization: Synthesis and structural investigations of BINOL-m-Phenylene diamine-derived Macrocycles
Deekonda Srinivas, Gonnade, R.; Rajmohanan, P.R., Sanjayan, G. J. Tetrahedron Letters2008, 49, 2139– 2142. 4. Concurrent Display of Both α-and β-Turns in a Semi synthetic Peptide Deekonda Srinivas, Gonnade, R.; Phalgune, U.; Rajmohanan, P.R., G. J. Sanjayan, G. J. (Recently Accepted in Org. Biomol.Chem.,)
5. Synthesis of Conformationally Constrained Analogues of Linezolid: Structure-Activity Relationship (SAR) Studies on Selected Novel tricyclic Oxazolidinones Selvakumar, N.; Deekonda Srinivas, Khera, M. K.; Sitaram Kumar, M.; Srinivas Rao, N. V. S. M.; Sarnaik, H.; Charayaryamath, C.; Srinivas Rao, B.; Raheeem, M. A.; Das, J.; Javed Iqbal, Rajagopalan, R. J. Med. Chem. 2002, 45, 3953-3962. 6. Observation of O→N Type Smiles Rearrangement in Certain Alkyl Aryl Nitro Compounds Selvakumar, N.; Deekonda Srinivas, Azhagan, M. A. Synthesis. 2002, 16, 2421-2425.
7. Synthesis of novel tricycle oxazolidinones by a tandem SN2 and SNAr reaction SAR Studies conformationally constrained analogues of linezolide
Selvakumar, N.; D. Srinivas,.; Yadireddy, B.; Sunil kumar,G.; Khera, M. K.; Sitaram Kumar, M.; Das, J.; Iqbal,J.; Trehan.S. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2006, 16, 4416–4419
8. A direct synthesis of 2-arylpropenoic acid esters having nitro groups in the aromatic ring: a short synthesis of (±)- coerulescine and (±)-horsfiline
Selvakumar, N.; Azhagan, M. A.; D. Srinivas, Krishna, G. G. Tetrahedron Lett.. 2002, 43, 9175-9178.
9. Highly Efficient CuI-Catalyzed Coupling of Aryl Bromides with Oxazolidinones Using Buchwald's Protocol: A Short Route to Linezolid and Toloxatone. Mallesham, B.; D.Srinivas Rajesh, B. M.; Reddy, P.R.;Org. Lett. 2003, 5, 963-965.
10. An efficient total synthesis of 9-methoxycarbazole-3-carbaldehyde based on a novel methodology for the preparation of methoxyindoles Selvakumar, N.; Khera, M. K.; Yadireddy, B.; D. Srinivas.; Azhagan, A. M.; Iqbal. J. Tetrahedron Lett. 2003, 44, 7071-7074. Poster Presentations:
1. A hybrid foldamer with unique architetechture from conformationally constrained aliphatic-aromatic aminoacid conjugate National Science Day at National Chemical Labortatory Pune. Deekonda Srinivas, Gonnade, R; Ravindranathan, S.; Sanjayan, G. J. National Science Day-2006.
2. Structure Activity Relationship Studies on Certain Conformationally Constrained Oxazolidinones. N. Selvakumar, B. Yadireddy. D.Srinivas, Javed Iqbal. 42nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Abstract # F-1324.September 27-30, 2002, CANADA.
Use of mark in Indian market necessary to establish prior rights Cancellation National procedures (IPAB) has ruled categorically that trademark law is not extra-territorial and that, therefore, use of a mark in the Indian market is necessary to establish prior rights (April 5 2013, Rectification No ORA/56/2005/TM/MUM). mark GATSBY in Class 3 of the Nice Classi
USO DE DROGAS EN EL GERONTE Objetivos específicos a lograr Conocer las variaciones farmacocinéticas y farmacodinámicas que se producen en el anciano. Reconocer las modificaciones farmacocinéticas y farmacodinámicas que se producen en el anciano en los diferentes grupos de fármacos. Aplicar los conocimientos sobre las variables farmacocinéticas y farmacodinámicas que se producen