Medicinal Plants and Drugs Research Institute
Shahid Beheshti University, Evin, Tehran
P. O. Box 19835-389, Iran [email protected] PERSONAL DATA
Date of Birth: 11/09/1965 Citizenship: Iran Married with one children EDUCATION
Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry (1998) Department of Chemistry Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran Thesis: Development of mass spectrometry instrument for determination of macromolecules M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry(1991) Department of Chemistry Mazandaran University, Babolsar, Iran Thesis: Determination of peptide sequencing by GC-MS and MS B.Sc. Chemistry (1989) Department of Chemistry Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran EMPLOYMENT September 2000 - Present Chemistry Research Center and Medicinal Plants Research Institute
Shahid Beheshti University, Evin, Tehran
P. O. Box 19835-389, Iran July 1998 - August 2000 Department of Chemistry Gilan University, Rasht, Iran August 2000- Shahid Beheshti University OTHER ACTIVITIES
Advisor of Zakaria Pharmaceutical Company 1994-2004 Advisor of Erfan Pharmaceutical Company 2001-2002 Advisor of Jaber Pharmaceutical Company 2003-Present Advisor of Tofigh Darou Pharmaceutical Company 2003-Present Advisor of Asalib Chemical Company 2000-Present Advisor of Ministry of Agriculture for Insecticide Toxic compounds 2001-Present Manager of HPLC & GC workshop for Chemical & Pharmaceutical companies in Shahid Beheshti University (2001) Manager of organic volatile impurity (OVI) workshop for Chemical & Pharmaceutical companies in Shahid Beheshti University (2002) and etc. TEACHING EXPERIENCE General Chemistry I, II (B. Sc. Degree)- Chemistry Department, The University of Gilan, Rasht, Iran. Analytical Chemistry I, II and Analytical Instrumentation (B. Sc. Degree)- Chemistry Department, The University of Gilan, Rasht, Iran. Separation Methods (M.Sc. degree)- Chemistry Department, The University of Shahid Beheshti, Tehran, Iran. Spectroscopy II (M. Sc. Degree)- Chemistry Department, The University of Shahid Beheshti, Tehran, Iran. New Methods for Phytochemistry Analysis (M. Sc. Degree)- Medicinal Plants Research Institute, The University of Shahid Beheshti, Tehran, Iran. Supervision of Ten M. Sc.thesis LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1. A. Ghassemour, M. R. Arshadi, M. Mamaghani Comparison of solvent extraction, steam distillation and supercritical fluid extraction of Galbanum SEPU, 16(6) (1998) 463-468
2. A. Ghassempour, M. R. Arshadi, B. Adimi Modified GC-MS for determination of 1,4-Dioxane in cosmetic products Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 14(2) (1998) 287-291
3. K. Kargosha, S. H. Ahmadi, A. Ghassempour, M. R. Arshadi Simultaneous determination of the pesticide Naptalam and its metabolites in natural water by fourier transform infrared spectrometry Analyst, 124 (1999) 367-371
4. A. Ghassempour, R. Daneshfar, R. Mossevi, M. R. Arshadi Rapid and sensitive determination of Cyclosporin A in serum by pyrolysis- mass spectrometry Analytical Sciences, 15 (1999) 457-460
5. A. Ghassempour, M. R. Arshadi, F. Salek-Asghari Determination of the pesticide Naptalam and its degradation products by positive and negative ion mass spectrometry Fresenius’ Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 369 (2001) 176-183
6. A. Ghassempour, M. Khalilian-Darbandi, F. Salek-Asghari Comparison of pyrolysis-mass spectrometry with high performance liquid chromatography for the analysis of Vancomycin in serum Talanta, 55 (2001) 573-580
7. A. Ghassempour, A. Mohammadkhah, F. Najafi, M. Rajabzadehb Monitoring of the pesticide Diazinon in soil, stem and surface water of rice fields Analytical Science, 18 (2002) 779-783
8. A. Ghassempour, F. Vaez i, P. Salehpour, M. Nasiri-Aghdam, M. Adrangui Monitoring of enzymatic hydrolysis of Penicillin G to 6-APA by pyrolysis- negative ion mass spectrometry and high performance liquid chromatography Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 29 (2002) 569-578
9. M. Golabi, H. Tajerzadeh, A. Ghassempour A rapid and selective LC method for simultaneous determination of Cyclosporin A and its major metabolite (AM1) in human serum at room temperature Talanta, 59 (2003) 1089-1094
10. A. Ghassempour, N. Mashkouri Najafi, A. A. Amiri Determination of citric acid in fermentation media by pyrolysis mass spectrometry Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 70 (2003) 251-261
11. A. Ghassempour, M. R. Nabid, M. Talebi, A. A. Entezami Comparison of pyrolysis-mass spectrometry with high performance liquid chromatography for the analysis of Cremophor EL in drugs and serum Talanta, 59 (2003) 435-441
12. Z. Talebpour, A. Ghassempour, M. Shamsipur Study of the pesticide naptalam degradation; theoretical and experimental Theochem. 629 (2003) 43-49
13. M. Talebi, A. Ghassempour, Z. Talebpoura, A. Rassouli, L. Dolatyari Optimization of the extraction of paclitaxel from Taxus baccata L.by the use of microwave energy Journal Separation Science, 27 (2004) 1130-1136.
14. A. Ghassempour, S. Nojavan, Z. Talebpour, A. A. Amiri, N. Mashkouri-Najafi Monitoring of the fermentation media of citric acid by the trimethylsily derivatives of the organic acids formed Journal Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 52 (2004) 6384-6388. 15. Saeed Nojavan, Alireza Ghassempour, Yosef Bashour, Masoud Khalilian Darbandi, Seyyed Hamid Ahmadi Determination of residual solvents and investigation of their effect on Ampicillin trihydrate crystal structure Journal Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 36 (2005) 983-988. Alireza Ghassempour, Nahid Mashkouri Najafi, Ali Mehdinia, Saied Saeed Hosseiny Davarani, Maryam Fallahi, Maryam Nakhshab Analysis of anatoxin-a using polyaniline as a sorbent in solid-phase microextraction coupled to gas chromatography –mass spectrometry J. Chromatogr. A, 1078(2005)120-127.
17. A. Ghassempour, A. Abdollahpour, K. Tabar-Heyder, M. R. Nabid, S. souri, H. Y. Aboul-Enein
Crystalline degradation products of vancomycin as a new chiral stationary phase for liquid chromatography Chromatogrphia, 61 (2005) 151-155. 18. A. Ghassempour, S. S. Hosseiny-Davarani, M. Noroozi, M. Shamsipur Determination of ternary mixtures of penicillin G, benzathin and Procaine by liquid chromatography and factorial design study Talanta, 65 (2005) 1038-1044. 19. M. Dabiri, S. Salimi, A. Ghassempour, A. Rassouli, M. Talebi Optimization of microwave-assisted extraction for alizarin and pupurin in Rubiaceae plants and its comparison with convention methods Journal Separation Science, 28 (2005) 387-396.
20. A. Ghassempour, S. Chalavi, A. Abdollahpour, S. A. Mirkhani
Determination of mono- and dichloroacetic acids in betaine media by liquid chromatography Talanta, 68 (2006) 1396-1400. 21. A. Yari Khosroushahi, M. Valizadeh, A. Ghassempour, M. Khosrowshahli, H. Naghdibadi, M. R. Dadpour, Y. Omidi Improved Taxol production by combination of inducing factors in suspension cell culture of Taxus baccata Cell Biology International, Article in Press
22. Alireza Ghassempour, Mahmoud Ahmadi, Samad Nejad Ebrahimi, Hassan Y. Aboul- Enein Simultaneous Determination of Metformin and Glyburide in the Pharmaceutical Tablet Formulations by High Performance Thin LayerChromatography Accepted for publication in Chromatographia 23. Zahra Talebpour, Alireza Ghassempour, M. Zendehzaban, H. R. Bijanzadeh, M. H.
Mirjallili Monitoring of the insecticides trichlorfon by 31P NMR spectroscopy Accepted for publication in Anal. Chim. Acta
Jamie’s Healing www.healingautism.com As seen in Jamie’s Healing By Krista Vance In the first year of their life, Jack and Jamie were beautiful and growing perfect. Jamie was walking, had wonderful words, and was very agile and coordinated. However, after a traumatic illness, Jamie slipped away from us, falling into a place called Autism. This is the story of how we got
What can be done about: Drugs What is a ‘recreational’ drug? £5.3 bn, 41% of the market for alcohol. Over £1 bn is spent The brain maintains basic functions such as breathing mostly on each of heroin, crack cocaine and cannabis: near £1 bn on without conscious thought. It organises appropriate reactions powder cocaine. to stimuli reaching it via the senses, for example