Sito in Italia dove è possibile acquistare la consegna acquisto Viagra a buon mercato e di alta qualità in ogni parte del mondo.
Self-directed feeding program
Instructions: After reading through each section of the manual, complete this quiz. If you have difficulties, review the section one more time and attempt the quiz again. This process should be repeated until you have the correct answers for all of the questions.
Directions: Fill in the blanks with the name of the correct body part. Choose from those that are listed below.
1. The __________________ is pulled up and forward during the swallow. 2. The __________________ moves to cover the entrance to the larynx.
3. The __________________ cut and grind food.
4. The __________________ prevent food from falling out of the mouth.
5. The __________________ shapes and propels the bolus.
6. The __________________ provides a platform for shaping food.
7. The __________________ prevents the bolus from entering the nose.
1. What are the clinical signs of complete airway blockage (asphyxia)?
a. confusion, fever b. distress, cyanosis c. weakness, vomiting d. coughing, dehydration
2. Of all clients who require assistance with feeding, what percentage has some
3. Which of the following conditions is least
likely to result in a swallowing
a. stroke b. dementia c. multiple sclerosis d. myocardial infarction
4. Which of the following statements about aspiration pneumonia is false
a. it is related to the aspiration of gastroesophageal reflux b. it develops in a few hours of the bacteria entering the lungs c. it is caused by bacteria d. thorough oral hygiene practices can lessen the risk of aspiration
5. Which of the following conditions is not
associated with dehydration or
a. urinary tract infections b. vomiting c. confusion d. skin breakdown
Fill in the blanks with the name of the condition that is represented by the behaviour described. Choose from those that are listed below.
6. Eats only from one section of the plate
8. Continually gets out of chair during meal
9. Eats entire meal in less than 5 minutes
1. List 5 symptoms that might indicate a swallowing disorder:
2. List 3 things that need to be done if you suspected that a client had a
3. A poorly functioning gag reflex means a poorly
functioning swallow. 4. If an individual takes 15 seconds or more to swallow each True
spoonful, you should suspect that he has a swallowing problem. 5. If an individual is taking a psychotropic drug such as
Haldol, he should be monitored for possible swallowing difficulties. 6. Every aspiration event is followed by a cough
7. Choose the right referral (dietician, speech-language pathologist or
From the list above, choose the correct healthcare professional for each of the clinical problems identified.
a. The client has been fed using the recommended amount but is not
swallowing. The food just sits in his mouth.
b. The client cannot be seated in the recommended position.
c. The client is refusing certain foods and his intake is suffering.
1. Which consistency of food would likely be most
appropriate for a client with
poor chewing ability, poor saliva production, and a weak tongue?
a. dental soft b. minced c. pureed d. regular
2. What is the most likely consequence of positioning clients lower than 60o in
a. asphyxia b. vomiting c. reflux d. tooth decay
3. List at least 2 types of information that a trained feeder would document
feeding a client:
4. What happens if the valleculae overflow before swallowing occurs?
a. food gets very close to the airway b. food escapes through the nose c. food falls out of the mouth d. food enters the esophagus
5. Summarize the main points of the eight standardized feeding procedures:
a. Standard Procedure One ___________________________________________________________
b. Standard Procedure Two ___________________________________________________________ c. Standard Procedure Three ___________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________ d. Standard Procedure Four ___________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________
e. Standard Procedure Five ___________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________
g. Standard Procedure Seven ___________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________
h. Standard Procedure Eight ___________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________
1. Which of the following professionals can perform tracheal suctioning?
a. Speech-language pathologists (SLP) b. Any staff who have successfully completed the feeding
c. RNs, RPNs or physiotherapists d. All of the above
a. water offered in unlimited amounts b. unthickened water c. sterile water d. water given through a feeding tube
3. What is not
a reasonable goal for providing water to a client who
a. to meet hydration needs b. to keep the oral cavity moist and comfortable c. to inhibit formation of mucous crust on the palate or tongue d. to limit growth of bacteria associated with dry mouth
4. Who should not
receive small amounts of water or ice chips?
a. clients receiving ‘comfort measures’ b. those who have a chronic pulmonary disease c. tube-fed clients d. clients receiving thickened fluids
a. swabbing with an alcohol-free antibacterial solution b. providing thickened fluids several times daily c. brushing the teeth at lest twice a day d. both (a) and (c)
6. If a client presents with laboured breathing and fever within minutes to
an hour of aspirating, he or she is presenting with clinical signs of:
a. xerostomia b. pneumonitis c. pneumonia d. cyanosis
7. The Heimlich manoeuvre is the most effective emergency procedure for clients on a pureed diet.
8. Clients who are dependent on others for mouth care are at increased risk for aspiration pneumonia.
9. Clients whose hydration needs are being met through thickened fluids will not experience thirst.
10. Aspiration pneumonia is more likely to develop as a
result of aspirated food than of poor oral hygiene.
Material Safety Data Sheet GEL STAIN REMOVER 1. Identification of the material and supplier Trade name of product : GEL STAIN REMOVER : Not regulated. Supplier : ECOLAB PTY LTD (A.B.N. 59 000 449 990) Emergency telephone : 1 800 124 170 number Material uses : Cleaning product Product dilution information : Not applicable Date of issue : 11 April 2012
COLOMBIANA DE SALUD S.A. MANUAL DE CALIDAD GUIAS DE MANEJO Y Página 1 de 21 CDS-GDM 2.2.1-03 DIAGNOSTICO ODONTOLOGICO EN Revisión 02 Junio 2012 ENDODONCIA No de Revisión Elaboró COLOMBIANA DE SALUD S.A. MANUAL DE CALIDAD GUIAS DE MANEJO Y Página 2 de 21 CDS-GDM 2.2.1-03 DIAGNOSTICO ODONTOLOGICO EN Revisión 02