Technical Information Desensitized Extra Gelatin Nitroglycerin Dynamite Density (g/cc) Avg Energya (cal/g) Relative Weight Strengtha Relative Bulk Strengtha,b Velocityc (m/s) Product Description
D-GEL 1000 is a desensitized, nitroglycerin-based dynamite formulated to reduce
Detonation Pressurec (Kbars)
sensitivity to sympathetic detonation (hole-to-hole propagation). This dynamite
Gas Volumea (moles/kg)
has superior water resistance and is an excellent choice for use in ditching, site
preparation, submarine blasting and any operation where control is critical. D-GEL 1000 is packaged in easy-to-load spiral tubes or in convolute shells which are
available with the Tamptite® feature. This feature allows the cartridge to expand easily when tamped to increase explosive to rock coupling and pounds of explosive per foot
a All Dyno Nobel Inc. energy and gas volume values are calculated using PRODET™ the
computer code developed by Dyno Nobel Inc. for its exclusive use. Other computer codes
• Minimum diameter is 32 mm (1 ¼ in).
• Minimum detonator is No. 8 strength.
• Storage at elevated temperatures and/or high humidity for 1 to 6 months can reduce
Approved by Natural Resources Canada as Fume Class 1 in valeron chub package in all
the performance of D-GEL 1000 dynamite depending on the diameter. Consult
diameters greater than 50 mm (2 in) and only in diameters greater than 125 mm (5 in) in
your Dyno Nobel representative for speciﬁ c recommendations. Hazardous Shipping Description
Explosive, Blasting, Type A, 1.1D, UN 0081 II
Technical Information Transportation, Storage and Handling • D-GEL 1000 must be transported, stored, handled and used in conformity with all
applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
• For maximum shelf-life, dynamite must be stored in cool, dry and well-ventilated
magazines. Dynamite inventory should always be rotated by using the oldest
materials ﬁ rst. For recommended good practices in transporting, storing, handling
and using this product, see the booklet “Prevention of Accidents in the Use of
Explosive Materials” packed inside each case and the Safety Library Publications of the Institute of Makers of Explosives.
**Available upon request. • D-GEL 1000 is available in a wide variety of sizes. Custom sizes are subject to surcharge and
may require longer than usual lead times.
• Note: All weights are approximate. • Check with your Dyno Nobel representative should you have any questions. Case Dimensions Product Disclaimer Dyno Nobel Inc. and its subsidiaries disclaim any warranties with respect to this product, the safety or suitability thereof, or the results to be obtained, whether express or implied, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR OTHER WARRANTY. Buyers and users assume all risk, responsibility and liability whatsoever from any and all injuries (including death), losses, or damages to persons or property arising from the use of this product. Under no circumstances shall Dyno Nobel Inc. or any of its subsidiaries be liable for special, consequential or incidental damages or for anticipated loss of proﬁ ts. Dyno Nobel Inc. 2650 Decker Lake Boulevard, Suite 300, Salt Lake City, Utah 84119 USA Phone 800-732-7534 Fax 801-328-6452 Web www.dynonobel.com
Hypertrophic Osteodystrophy Introduction Hypertrophic Osteodystrophy (HOD) is a developmental disease in larger breed dogs (commonly, the Great Dane, Alaskan Malamute, Weimaraner and Irish Setter). This disease usually begins between the ages of 3 months to 5 months of age. Signs can vary in intensity, and several dogs from one litter may be affected, although at different times. The heri