Microsoft word - read n share december 2009.doc
Join us at our next Read ‘n Share meeting on
Thursday February 18th at 7:30
Bring a list of Titles and Authors you have enjoyed and find out what others are reading
Read ‘n Share Titles
December 17, 2009 Meeting
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
- Killed in an accident, an elderly man
discovers that heaven is having five people explain the meaning of his life.
- After a businessman is murdered in Stockholm, a homeless woman
finds herself to be the prime suspect and must try to clear her name.
The Uncommon Reader
- What would happen if Queen Elizabeth, at the age of
70-something, was suddenly to become a voracious reader?
Day After Night –
Set in an immigrant holding camp in 1945 Palestine where four
women, refugees from Nazi Europe, find healing in the bonds of friendship.
Stephanie Plum Series
– This mystery series features a sassy, New Jersey
bounty-hunter who is assisted by her eccentric grandmother and friends.
The Glassblower of Murano
– A woman leaves London for a new life as a
in Venice to find her fate inextricably linked with her ancestor's.
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
– A Chinese American widower reflects
on growing up in WWII Seattle and his forbidden relationship with a Japanese
– Abandoned by her boyfriend in Honolulu, Sharon Spiegelman
embarks on a quest for enlightenment.
A Reliable Wife
– In 19th century Wisconsin, a troubled businessman’s ad for a
wife is answered by a woman who has her own dark secrets.
Someone Knows My Name
– The life story of an African woman who is
kidnapped into slavery in the 1700s.
– The adventures of wild cat clans as they try to survive in a
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Set in Sweden, a journalist and a Goth hacker
team up to investigate a 40 year old disappearance.
– Recovering from a broken heart in Paris, a writer becomes
intrigued by the anonymously written, erotic novel she is translating.
– After a plane crash, thirteen-year-old Brian spends fifty-four days in
the wilderness, learning to survive.
Baking Cakes in Kigali
– In genocide-stricken Rwanda, a baker provides
decadent confections and transforming counsel to a series of troubled customers.
– Sold to California suitors, sisters from Shanghai struggle to
adapt to life in 1930s Los Angeles, while still bound to old customs.
– 1962 Jackson, Mississippi, three women (two African-American
maids and a young white woman) team up for a clandestine project.
Half Broke Horses
– A novel based on the life of the author's grandmother, who
learned to break horses in childhood and went on to run a vast ranch in Arizona.
Have a Little Faith
– Albom tells the story of two men of faith, an elderly rabbi
from his home synagogue and an African-American pastor in Detroit.
– A journalist’s report on of the mistreatment of nuns by the
You Better Not Cry
– Burroughs tells stories of his dysfunctional Christmases,
both past and present.
The Year We Disappeared
– An account of a police officer who was shot in
1979 and the aftermath, told by both he and his daughter who was 9 at the time.
– The true story of thirteen women who purchased an expensive
diamond necklace together and the effect this had on their lives.
True Compass –
In this autobiography, the late senator Ted Kennedy tells of his
family and his career.
– An account of the author’s participation in the 1,100-mile-long
dogsled race called the Iditarod.
– The story of the brazen 1911 theft of the Mona Lisa
Louvre and the two-year quest to bring her home.
Extrait Catalogue cerba 25/01/2011 ANALYSE SYNONYME PRELEVEMENT QUANTITE CONSERVATION CONDITION TECHNIQUE FREQUENCE DELAI COTATION 5 HYDROXY-INDOLEACETATE ACIDE 5 HYDROXY-INDOLACETIQUE AC ANTI-ACIDE GLUTAMIQUE DECARBOXYLASE - AC ANTI-GAD Ac anti-ADN simple brin ADN DENATURE ADN simple brin AC ANTI-ADN double brin AC ANTI-DNA ADN NATIF, Ac CELLULES LE CELL
Almonds are a versatile tree nut. They come whole, blanched, slivered, flaked and ground, so make a useful ingredient adding texture and taste to meals. Plus, like fruit and vegetables, almonds are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytochemicals beneficial to health. Enjoying a handful of nuts (30–50g) regularly as part of a healthy diet may reduce your risk of heart d