A Miracle or Common Sense?”
by Margie Reese
February 23, 2008
Published in the Filipino Press, San Diego, CA

Like most of us in this day of modern medicine we tend to trust opinions of experts
without question. Most of us forget to ask the right questions and may not be fully
aware of the important questions to ask. Since it is our health and our body, it is only
common sense to ask questions that concern our welfare and longevity.

In March of 2001 my mom went to the hospital for a pacemaker. Records show in 1997
she was taking synthroid, premarin, allopurinal and calcium. She was 74 years old
then and it seemed logical that she should be taking some medications at that age.

By May of 2001 her diagnosis from a cardiac evaluation was; permanent pacemaker,
mild coronary artery disease, hypothyroidism, hypertension, degenerative joint
disease, left bundle branch block. She was now taking all of the above drugs plus
norvasac and hydrochlorothiazide.

In May of 2002 her records show more drugs had been added to her repertoire. She
was also taking lanoxin, docusate sodium and captopril. By July her symptoms had
become so extreme that she was hospitalized and finally diagnosed with Parkinson’s
disease. She now had a host of drugs daily; allopurinol, captopril, sinemet, lanoxin,
colace, hydrochlorothiazide, and Motrin. Comtan was added by a neurologist three
weeks later.

By June of 2003 I moved mom from her home in Hemet to Frederika Manor to be closer
to me. Frederika was a wonderful 24 acre facility with four levels of care. Independent
living was first followed by assisted living. A specialist for every part of her body was
the order of the day. From 2003 to 2006 she had every known test and with each new
symptom a new drug was ordered. She was dizzy all the time with a blood pressure of
63/32, alarming the staff. Her legs were swollen and sometimes she hallucinated at
night seeing people crawl on her floor. She saw neurologists, cardiologists, internal
medicine and other physicians. By December 2004 she was diagnosed with atrial
fibrillation, Parkinson’s, gout, pacemaker, congestive heart failure, C spine stenosis,
hypothyroidism, and hypertension.

In June of 2006 she began having trouble swallowing and a barium swallow test
indicated ‘risk for aspiration’. The doctor put her on a liquid diet; she weighed 105
pounds. Assisted living could no longer care for her and she was transferred to the
care center (nursing home). By all indications my mother didn’t have long to live. She
cried when I gave her the news of the impending move to the nursing home. I packed
up her studio apartment, had a ramp built, put a hospital bed in my bedroom and eight
days later brought her home to live with me. It was July 1, 2006. I told her when she
came she would never have to do anything she didn’t want to do. That meant no
doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, tests or 911. The next week hospice was called in
by the doctor and life was never the same.

A constant barrage of people; nurses, bathers, housekeepers, doctors, etc… She was
taking 13 different drugs, scheduled eight times daily; DSS, Synthroid, Allopurinal,
Lanoxin, Aldactone, Comtan, Carbidopa-Levodopa, Coreg, Centravite, Seroquel, (On
April 26, 2010 AstraZeneca was fined $520 million for illegally marketing antipsychotic
drug Seroquel, Justice Department says.), (My mom was not a psychotic!) Lasix 10 mg,
Lasix 20 mg, Exelon, Tylenol, MSM, Digitek, Ducusate Sodium, Co-enzyme Q10 and
Tylenol pm. Because of the size of the Parkinson’s drugs she choked while taking
them. A week after she arrived I took her off all the drugs. My thinking was; “if she is
going to die, it isn’t going to be choking on a pill!”

A week and a half later she asked for a piece of chicken. I didn’t hesitate. I got some
soft canned chicken, Alfredo sauce and instant mashed potatoes. Her previous lack of
appetite vanished as did the bowl of food. Gradually she regained strength and began
using her walker to walk unassisted to the bathroom. Her liquid diet vanished as did
the swelling in her legs. Her dizziness was gone as were her hallucinations. Everyone
was astonished but hospice workers confessed they had seen this recovery before
when drugs were removed from a patient. It is my belief that the drugs caused the
majority of her symptoms.

Four months later in the Parkinson’s specialist’s office, he was visibly astounded. He
tested her reactions, took her blood pressure, repeatedly saying, “She is not taking
any Parkinson’s medicine?” I told him no. Mom smiled at him, telling him she was
eating anything she liked! He said he would see her in six months. That was 16
months ago.

Today she weighs 142 pounds, has outgrown all her clothes, and still eats what she
wants. She no longer uses a walker but needs hands on assistance to ensure she
won’t fall. There are no signs of congestive heart failure with swollen legs but her
hands and feet are always cold from lack of circulation. We let hospice go and she has
not been to a doctor nor had any drugs since 2006. I give her purified water, herbal
supplements, organic food, lots of fruit, vegetables, fish, chicken and a Burger King
hamburger and chocolate shake every now and then! Oh, and she eats all the candy
she wants after lunch which is NOT organic! Chocolate is her favorite! She is happy
and content knowing she will die in a place of peace and quiet when it is her time. Her
sense of humor is amazing and in April she will be 85!

What is the moral of the story? Doctors know about drugs and surgery. Some know
about alternative methods of treatment. Ultimately it is up to each of us to research,
listen to our bodies and use common sense in order to live more healthy harmonious
lives. It also doesn’t hurt to believe in miracles! I don’t advocate you do what I did. It
was clearly a choice of the ‘quality’ of life rather than quantity, which is what she
enjoys now. Yes, she still has Parkinson’s but the bottom line is; she is happy and

(The rest of the story…)
Mom died July 16, 2008 at home in her own bed, her dignity intact. The last four days
were terrible for me but she died as she wanted and deserved, surrounded by people
who loved her, safe in her own familiar surroundings. She was drug free, had no
doctors, needles or invasive procedures Strangers did not traumatize her by
performing CPR, a ride in a noisy ambulance nor putting tubes and IV lines in her. It
was a difficult fight but one I would gladly fight again. And now I am fighting for my
own life…it is a fight I intend to win! I am after all, an Irish woman from Texas!

Source: http://www.cjreese.name/documents/BarbaraFergusonStory2008.pdf

Microsoft word - femmes camp de sprint.docx

FEMMES CAMP DE SPRINT EN SYTLE LIBRE DE L’ÉQUIPE IDENTIFIÉE JEUNESSE/JUNIOR DE SNC Fort Lauderdale 19 au 24 oct. 2009 Résumé du camp Avec le support de centre national d’entraînement à Montréal Compilé par Carl Simonson - OSC PARTICIPANTS AU CAMP Lundi le 19 Octobre 7:30-9:30 AM Bassin de 50m Échauffement 5x [100 libre 50 bras droit / 50 bras gauche [100 jambes - 50 sur le

Microsoft word - new patient packet without opiate agreement.doc

Alpine Medical Group LLC, Pain Management Division Steven Pulley, MD ■ Nathan Dahle, MD ■ Thomas Trauba, MD ■ N. Lee Smith, MD ■ Whitney Bancroft, APRN ■ Katie Toledo, APRN, FNP ■ Laura Chamberlain, MSN, NPC Welcome Valued Patients to Omega Interventional Pain Clinic! As of January 1, 2011 the following are Patient Guidelines for All existing as well as New Pa

Copyright © 2010 Medicament Inoculation Pdf