Sina Birkholz University of Augsburg [email protected]
Student of Arabic as a Foreign Living Language in Egypt - annual course ALEVE 2011-2012
Le Centre Français de Culture et de Coopération en Egypte, Cairo
Field Research - “Identities at Crossroads: Young Muslim women in post-revolutionary Egypt”
(Diploma Thesis), conducted in Cairo, funded by Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
Tutor for Research Seminar (MA Course “Social Science Conflict Studies”), University of Augsburg
Student Research Assistant, Department of Political Science, Peace and Conflict Studies, University
Fellow of the “Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes”
President World Student Community for Sustainable Development (WSC-SD)
Student of International Relations, University of St Andrews
Internship at the Austrian Cultural Forum Cairo, Austrian Embassy Egypt
Internship at Member of European Parliament's Office, Brussels
Student of Political Science (Diplom), University of Augsburg
Date of graduation: April 2012 (isa) - Major: Political Science; Minor: Psychology
Organizational and social skills President of the WSCSD (World Student Community for Sustainable Development, www.wscsd.org) • Defining the strategic vision of the WSCSD, consolidating past achievements and
ongoing projects to guarantee sustainable growth to one of the world’s leadingstudent organisation.
• Developing and partially organizing international and collaborative projects of the
WSCSD. Drafting the programme for and preparing the Annual Summit 2010 inCartagena, Columbia and the Focus Meeting on Education for SustainableDevelopment (Gothenburg, 10/2010).
• Formally heading the Executive Board, representing and promoting the WSC-SD.
Recruiting project leaders and introducing new members to WSC-SD. Encouragingcooperation and networking among the member communities and with otherorganisations.
• Editing the WSCSD newsletter, administering the online presence, reviewing and
evaluating projects of student communities. Active Member of the Society for Sustainable Development of the University of St Andrews
• Organizing lectures and film screenings to raise awareness on sustainable
development in the student body and the local community.
• Campaigning and fundraising for the initiative “Plastic Bag Free St Andrews”. • Setting up and moderating debates and panel discussions. Member of AEGEE (Association des États Generaux des Étudiants Européens)
• Promoting cultural exchange and tolerance throughout Europe.
• Arranging social events for Erasmus students, providing exchange possibilities for
European students (e.g. AEGEE Summer Universities), organizing events forfundraising purposes. Member of the Global-Marshall-Plan-/Global-Contract Network
• Supplying information on climate change, policies of energy and resources,
questions of social (in)justice. Encouraging the development of local projects andinitiatives.
• Planning and moderating lectures and workshops, recruiting further members for the
Tutor of a youth drama group
• Encouraged pupils aged 10 to 15 to use their creative potential and to take over
• Directed a play and arranged four public performances. Coordinated and shaped
costumes, props, stage design. Planned promotion and composed press kit. Tutor of foreign students at Augsburg University • Introduced foreign students to German culture and habits.
• Familiarized exchange students with requirements of German university courses. • Coached newly arrived students (concerning administrative, subject-related and
COUNTERFEITING OF PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS UNDER THE EU LAW AND RELEVANT JURISDICTIONAL PRACTICE *) Marius Pantea **) Abstract Throughout the article, the author brings forward the main characteristics of intellectual property law touching the pharmaceutical industry, the provisions of European Union (EU) law and the practical arrangements for the protection of medicines and ot
A a r o n B u r k e E D U C A T I O N University of California, Berkeley Bachelor of Arts, Molecular and Cell Biology, December 2000• President, Lambda Chapter of the Kappa Delta Rho Fraternity • Member and Teaching Assistant, University of California Marching Band E X P E R I E N C E lululemon athletica Corte Madera Part of sales team that achieved highest in region 28% increa